Tapestry Solutions, A Boeing Company, comes with over 30 years of industry experience designing, implementing, training, and supporting logistics information systems.
We have over 800 employees worldwide supporting our customers with high-quality, innovative, and cost-effective information technology and business intelligence solutions. Tapestry Solutions supports 85 defense, commercial and government customers from over 50 US locations and nine countries, including multiple forward operating bases in Afghanistan.
Title: Software Engineer V
Location: Maryland Heights, MO
Lead the design and implementation of the KRAKEN system. You will be responsible for ensuring quality software is delivered according to the software development methodology and cadence that are defined for the program. Responsible for the overall design and development of the system to support the mission threads that are defined in the Product Vision, including the approaches to maintain mission planning timelines and integration of the KRAKEN engine into other systems. Will be responsible to ensure the software implementation matches the documented design, and will be the lead in communicating technical implementation details to the Government stakeholders. Given the scope and complexity of the program and the security requirements, this individual will be responsible for executing the agile software development effort and delivering quality software and supporting artifacts to the Government.
- Serves as the lead software engineer for Weapons Mission Planning products produced by Tapestry’s KRAKEN team
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) design
- Strong background and expertise with C development and Visual Studio.
- Extensive experience developing object-oriented applications using .NET framework design patterns
- Experience leading and participating in Agile software development teams
- Ability to maintain and extend existing software products and to design, code & test newly developed code and applications
- Leads development, documentation and maintenance of complex architectures for software systems.
- Contributes to the evolution of the architectures, defines architectures within a domain.
- Assists project managers with risk management and customer reviews.
- Develops corrective action plans.
- Supports project plans development and schedules using inputs from team members.
- Assesses project compliance with regulations and standards.
- Acts as project leader in specialized instances.
- Leads requirements development team.
- Develops software requirements and algorithms.
- Negotiates internal and external interfaces and requirements with customers, teaming PMs, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Leads software requirements trade studies.
- Performs software requirements change assessment.
- Provides guidance to other sites and projects with regard to requirements.
- Contributes to the definition of Company best practices.
- Resolves or oversees resolution of programmatic problems.
- Leads development, maintenance and unit test for software by utilizing software development environments and programming languages in order to implement design and satisfy allocated requirements.
- Leads development, documentation and maintenance of designs for software consistent with the defined architecture and requirements/regulations by applying established methods and practices.
- Leads internal and external design reviews.
- Trains others in software integration best practices.
- Defines new program integration efforts and plans.
- Consults with multiple projects on integration strategies and defect investigation.
- Leads development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes and tools; and utilizes/influences regulations and industry standards.
- Leads research and development proposal efforts across domain areas.
- Plans, executes and documents new projects. Leads proposal preparation and communicates capabilities and benefits to other organizations.
- Plans and facilitates technology transfer across the enterprise.
- Provides subject matter expertise on specific software systems to customers, suppliers, application users, and other technical and support personnel.
- Leads the team to resolve operational and integration issues.
- Provides guidance to other sites and projects.
- Serves as a consultant and external spokesperson for the organization; acts as subject matter expert.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Education and/or Experience Qualifications:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelors 14 or more years experience, Masters with 12 or more years experience or PhD with 9 or more years experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in computer science, engineering, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Required Education and/or Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree
- 8 years experience in full stack software development
- 3 years experience with agile and lean philosophies
- 2 years experience with Low Observable mission planning domain
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery techniques
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
M.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Architecture, or equivalent technical degree
- 10 years experience designing and building software systems
- 5 years experience with agile and lean philosophies
- 5 years experience with Low Observable mission planning domain
- Proven experience implementing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery techniques • (U) Proven experience building mission planning applications
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.