Launch - Engineering
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Manage the civil and structural aspects of construction projects
- Interact with contractors, fabricators, owners, and clients
- Provide direct onsite engineering inspections and field observations
- Resolve design and construction conflicts in the field in real time
- Perform both civil and structural design and analysis calculations for structural steel & concrete
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors in civil engineering, structural engineering, or similar
- 2+ years of professional experience in civil and/or structural engineering design, analysis, and drafting
- 2+ years of professional experience in civil, structural, or mechanical field engineering and project management
- Professional Engineering (PE) license
- Knowledge of American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) steel manual, American Concrete Institute (ACI) code 318, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) 7, and International Building Code (IBC)
- Knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Office
- Experience with AutoCAD or similar design software
- Experience with SAP 2000, STAAD Pro, RISA-3D, Etabs, or similar analysis software
- Knowledge of processes of governing permitting agencies such as building departments and/or environmental agencies
- Understanding of other disciplines such as: mechanical, electrical, piping, geotechnical, and surveying
- Experience with project management of major construction projects including estimating, cost control, schedule, and contractor management.
- Experience reading, reviewing, and approving shop and fabrication drawings, blueprints, and technical manuals
- Experience with at least three of the following project delivery phases: 1) conceptual layout and high level trade studies 2) detailed engineering design and development 3) request for proposals/quotes, contract issue 4) supervision of construction to completion 5) work punch lists and certificate of occupancy (CO) with building official
- Sound communication skills
- Must be willing to travel
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC