Avionics - Systems Integration
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Starlink is Spacex’s ambitious program to bring high quality internet to the globe by building a constellation of thousands of satellites in low earth orbit (LEO), which we have already started launching on our Falcon 9 reusable rockets this year. We are looking for a driven and technical compliance engineer to spearhead the development and certification of millions of devices we call User Terminals to link our customers to our satellites. Your technical expertise will drive design requirements and testing schedules. You will own the relationship between SpaceX engineering teams and external regulatory bodies. The success of Starlink depends on your ability to ensure that User Terminals can be sold across the globe.
- Own and drive product level compliance, ensuring all regulatory requirements are met to facilitate global market access, brand protection and product safety
- Coordinate with internal SpaceX groups, external Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTL) and committees in all matters of regulatory compliance including Safety, EMC, Radio, and Environmental testing to achieve product conformity
- Create compliance strategies, test plans, execute tests, manage NRTLs, and coordinate with internal development teams to ensure successful completion of products in line with program schedules
- Drive product design requirements in order to achieve regulatory compliance
- Oversee compliance testing to FCC, IEC, CSA, ETSI and other applicable domestic and international standards
- Represent and advocate company interests at relevant domestic and international standards development venues
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or other engineering degree
- 3+ years of professional experience coordinating testing of RF products for safety, EMC, radio and environmental compliance
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of professional experience coordinating testing of RF products for safety, EMC, radio and environmental compliance
- Strong knowledge of RF principles, RF engineering, electromagnetic compatibility
- Outstanding project management skills
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start¬up atmosphere
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC