At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This new role is based within the Aircraft Interiors Design Centre in Frimley, Surrey; where we work under EASA and GCAA Part 21J Design Organisation Approval (DOA). This centre has a highly skilled team of engineers that is growing in 2020.
To support the design and certification of aircraft interior & primary structure modifications by generation, review and approval/compliance verification of certification documentation to demonstrate compliance with relevant regulatory and customer requirements.
Be a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the aircraft interior, specialising in airframe primary and secondary structure. Resolve complex engineering problems including the modification of airframe primary structure to provision for additional interface points for interior commodities (hard point/seat track/top attachments) and modification of structure to facilitate the installation of exterior mounted antennae for navigation, satellite and communication systems.
- ESSENTIAL - Current or recent employment with an EASA Part 21, Subpart J Design Organisation as a Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE), with terms of approval including Stress/Structures discipline
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive working knowledge of EASA regulatory and applicable airworthiness requirements including CS-25, JAR-25 and FAR 25 requirements
- Knowledge and experience of aircraft interior reconfiguration programmes and primary and secondary aircraft structures
- Able to perform static stress analysis through hand calculation from first principles and by using finite element analysis software
- Able to perform Fatigue and Damage Tolerance analyses
- Able to coordinate and witness structural tests (static & dynamic)
- A high level of attention to detail and professional integrity
- Ability to work on multiple programmes with varying level of requirements efficiently and effectively
- Ability to prioritise workloads and show flexibility to changing situations / demands.