At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, youll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking an entry-level Electrical Design & Analysis Engineer who will be supporting the Avionics Mission Systems Engineering Integration & Verification group under the Avionics and Software Integrated Product Team of the Space Launch System (SLS) Program. This Level 1 position will be physically located in Huntsville, AL.
NASAs Space Launch System (SLS) Program will provide a critical heavy-lift capability powering people and cargo beyond our moon and into deep space. SLS launches larger payloads farther in our solar system, faster than ever before possible. It will be the most powerful rocket ever built, enabling diverse exploration, and science and security missions. Boeing Space Launch System is responsible for the design, development, test and production for the core stage and avionics of the SLS.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Apply standard engineering practices to plan and execute Design, Integration and Verification activities for Command and Data Handling (C&DH), Flight Controls, Thrust Vector Control, Sensors and Telemetry Subsystems
- Perform analysis of test results on avionics systems using modeling, scripting, & simulation tools to demonstrate compliance with requirements across the range of formal verification methodologies, plan and observe demonstrations, review verification data from teammates and suppliers’ product verification closure packages
- Review and support execution of test procedures, real-time problem resolution of issues encountered during testing, and accurate management of large data sets, C&DH data bus and timing analysis and modeling, collaboration with Responsible Engineers, customer technical staff, suppliers, and SLS teammates to ensure verification planning is technically sound and appropriate data will be gathered to support verification closure activities
- Perform data testing & verification procedures, development of models for use in formal analysis, and verification of requirements across the range of formal verification methodologies and problem resolution of the Instrumentation Programming and Command List (IP&CL), which enables all data communication across the Command and Data Handling architecture of the Space Launch System
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility. Access to the facility requires a background investigation by U.S. Government authorities.
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (Preferred Graduation Date: December 2019; No later than June 2020)
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience):
- Previous engineering internship experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Aerospace Engineering is a PLUS
- Education and / or work experience using a high-level programming language such as Python, MATLAB, or similar language
- Ability to interface with the customer as needed
- Ability to express ideas / concepts
- Ability to perform as part of a team and be capable of operating in a multi-tasking environment
Typical Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position is based in Huntsville, AL and does notoffer relocation assistance. Applicants must reside in the Huntsville area or be willing to relocate at their own expense for this opportunity.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.