At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, youll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking an Electrical Design & Analysis Engineer (Thrust Vector Control Subsystem) who will be working within the Avionics Software Mission Systems Engineering team. The primary focus for this role will be modeling, analyzing and verifying Avionics & Software Subsystem requirements for Sensors, Telemetry, Power, Command and Data Handling, Flight Controls for Space Launch System (SLS) space missions, providing technical knowledge and expertise. This Level 3 position will be physically located in Huntsville, AL.
NASAs Space Launch System (SLS) Program will provide a critical heavy-lift capability powering people and cargo beyond our moon and into deep space. SLS launches larger payloads farther in our solar system, faster than ever before possible. It will be the most powerful rocket ever built, enabling diverse exploration, and science and security missions. Boeing Space Launch System is responsible for the design, development, test and production for the core stage and avionics of the SLS.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Model and perform Electrical Circuit, data bus and data timing analysis
- Validates that requirements are complete by performing traceability analysis, performs analysis, documents and reports results to validate and verify the design
- Provides engineering design disposition on discrepancies by investigating problems
- Conducts trade studies and literature research to support product designs
- Be proficient in the use of Excel for modeling (equation development & use), charting, and analysis, as well as be proficient in Word and Power Point
- Serve as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes, track and evaluate component and system performance to project and define future capabilities
- Plan, execute and document software research and development projects
- Power consumption analysis, timing latency between unites, and general circuit and data bus analysis
- Maintaining detailed requirements and specifications for various electronic products
- Develop detailed designs of limited scope
- Conduct various methods of testing and analysis to support design
- Gather data for technical performance measures and performs basic analysis
- Provide basic engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- This position requires the ability to obtain access to a National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) facility. Access to the facility requires a background investigation by U.S. Government authorities.
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience with the Electrical power domain
- Coursework or experience using MATLAB (System Vision and Simulink is a PLUS)
- Ability to analyze data transmitted via MIL-STD-1553B, RS-422, and Ethernet bus protocols
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience):
- Familiarity with NASA SLS data systems, video and power
- Knowledge of space based IEEE, ANSI, NASA and SLS requirements
- Job experience performing electrical analysis for multiple domains
- Development of electrical power and data testing & verification procedures, development of models for use in formal analysis, and verification of requirements across the range of formal verification methodologies.
- Understanding of Analog/Digital electronics concepts, including Digital Logic Fundamentals
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment while supporting multiple activities concurrently
- Experience with avionics hardware and software
- Must be capable of working with minimal supervision
Typical Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position is based in Huntsville, AL and offers relocation assistance based on candidate eligibility. Applicants must reside in the Huntsville area or be willing to relocate for this opportunity.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.