At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is seeking a EE engineer to play a key role supporting the E-4B, which serves as the National Airborne Operations Center for the President and Secretary of Defense of the United States. Located on Tinker Air Force Base in Oklahoma, this engineer will work in the E-4B Systems Integration Laboratory (SIL) where engineering solutions are developed and equipment is sustained for the E-4B Super High Frequency (SHF) system.
- Develop, revise, review and release engineering drawings. Develop functional test procedures for aircraft LRU and SRU repairs.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve mission communication system problems with fielded hardware installed on the aircraft.
- Develops and documents moderately complex electronic and electrical system requirements. Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Assists in monitoring supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements. Researches specific technology advances for potential application.
engineering solutions for the E-4B SHF and other systems.
- Will work closely with a variety of engineering and non-engineering disciplines to provide
Must be a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15? “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Ability to obtain Interim and Final DoD Security Clearance required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Must have a Bachelors of Science degree in EE engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors of Science in EE preferred.
- 9 months aircraft related experience
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation is provided for qualified candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.