Development Test Software Engineer
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
DEVELOPMENT TEST SOFTWARE ENGINEER
The development test team is a fast paced R&D focused group that supports testing of the latest vehicle and spacecraft designs. We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative individual to merge rigorous aerospace testing requirements with highly reliable and efficient industrial automation methods. As a software engineer, you will be creating software that is used to design, develop, and automate SpaceX structural test stands. You will engage with other SpaceX test engineers and support qualification testing of our spacecraft and launch vehicles.
- Design, build, and support custom test software with a focus on reliability, maintainability, and ease of use
- Deploy and debug software on home-grown test equipment, including but not limited to: structural load test stands, high pressure gas/fluid systems, and thermal control systems
- Develop prototype beta software to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints
- Work with test engineers and test operations to improve designs of existing electrical control systems used to test our spacecraft and launch vehicles
- Evaluate existing applications and architecture, give recommendations for practical solutions, and drive modifications to completion
- Collaborate with other software engineers and developers to build reusable modules in larger multi-component application environments
- Plan and adhere to roadmaps
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline
- 2+ years of professional experience in software development
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Jenkins, PowerShell, Ansible, or Puppet for software deployment
- Experience with configuration management and source code control, such as Git and SVN
- Experience working with electrical systems with emphasis on data acquisition systems (DAQ)
- Experience with National Instruments and/or industrial controllers like Beckhoff or Allen Bradley Rockwell
- Experience with embedded software in high volume products or real-time products that require high reliability
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and database architecture
- Familiarity with mechanical systems and electrical control systems
- Creative approach to problem solving, exceptional analytical skills and engineering fundamentals
- Proven history of driving projects from concept to completion.
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
- Experience leading or working as a team member in large code bases
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization, and unit testing
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed. Flexibility required.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC