LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro-Optical and Infrared Systems (EOIS) business unit has locations in Dallas, TX; Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. EOIS is a world leader in infrared sensor technology producing both cooled and uncooled sensors. These sensors are sold externally to other OEMs as well as integrated into higher level systems produced at Leonardo DRS.
At Leonardo DRS you will be part of a highly capable team that leads the industry in innovation and develops products and systems that are mission critical to the warfighter. You will be responsible for leading a cross functional team of talented engineers to manage the full life cycle, from roadmaps to concepts and release to production, of a designated product area.
We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
Plan, manage, and direct the overall product roadmap and product development engineering activities for a designated product area within the Electro-Optical Infrared Systems business. Coordinate the creation, development, design, and improvement of products in conformance with established programs and objectives. Provide engineering advice and assistance to other departments as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead cross functional engineering team
- Plan, manage, and direct the overall product and product development engineering activities for the designated product area
- Coordinate the creation, development, design, and improvement of products in conformance with established programs and objectives
- Participate in strategic roadmap planning in coordination with Business Development and Line of Business leadership
- Provide engineering advice and assistance to other departments as required
- Responsible for formulating and recommending engineering policies and technical work assignments in accordance with project and company objectives
- Advise appropriate personnel of the latest technical and engineering developments
- Manage budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments and departments, as appropriate
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Participate in preparation of proposals
- Direct the work of others as assigned
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Ensure good risk management principles are applied to all projects
- Attend appropriate engineering, customer or business meetings
- Other duties as assigned