Under the direction of DeltaHawk’s CEO, the Director of Engineering will lead an engineering team that focuses on integrating new products into Deltahawk’s certification, production, and manufacturing processes. This leader will plan and direct all production level engineering activities including certifying new product lines, supporting production, maintenance of existing product lines, cost reduction initiatives, and customer support. This individual will work closely with DH’s Leadership team to ensure that our engine families and aircraft products achieve FAA certification and sustain production. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, design finalization, product management, certification testing, customer support, field product failure analysis and resolution, and cost reduction programs. This individual will directly lead and supervise the production engineering team and support staff.
This leader will have a passion for engines, high tech technology, innovation, and aviation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Other duties may be assigned.
- Plan and direct all aspect of production engineering activities and projects
- Work closely with the Director of R&D, Director of Regulatory Compliance and Director of Operations to assure products can be certified and are production-ready
- Ensure all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with established policies and objectives
- Utilize best practice engineering methods and provide expert technical guidance for engineering initiatives
- Develop major goals to support broad functional objectives
- Approve policies developed within various sub-functions and departments
- Display comprehensive knowledge of the overall departmental function
- Incorporate components, materials, and tools that result in cost-effective and quality output
- Manages overall production engineering budget and costs.
- Understand FAA processes and certify new product lines including engine (CFR Part 33) and aircraft installations (CFR Part 23)
- Hire, train, and lead the Production Engineering team and support staff
- Execute the DH Performance Achievement Platform with each member of the Engineering team and support staff.