At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, youll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) Vertical Lift division has an opportunity in the Mission Systems organization & seeking experienced Equipment Engineers to support the Vertical Lift Program. These Level 4 positions will physically reside in Ridley Park, PA or Mesa, AZ.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Leads work with customers to develop and document complex electronic and electrical system requirements
- Leads and coordinates work to analyze and translate requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications
- Leads work to test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
- Oversees the team that monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle
- Researches technology advances for potential application to company business needs
- Makes recommendations for technology investments
Basic Qualifications(Required Skills / Experience):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Ability to understand and decompose requirements to support verification and validation testing of software / hardware components
- Ability to generate detailed, repeatable test procedures which test software functionality
- Ability to perform software unit testing
- Working knowledge of avionic communication protocols such as MIL STD 1553, ARINC 429, VME, RS232, RS422, TCP / IP, UDP / IP, Link16
Preferred Qualifications(Desired Skills / Experience):
- BDS experience preferred but not required
- General understanding of Avionics Hardware Development and experience with common software development and management tools (i.e. JIRA, Clearcase and Gitlab)
- Experience within a Change Management (CM) controlled environment
- Knowledge of Real-time operating systems such as Green Hills or VxWorks
- Familiarity with development and derivation of requirements
- Java, C, SQL, Linux, LabView, and / or Python 3.0 experience
- Familiarity with FACE / MOSA
Typical Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
These positions will be physically reside in Ridley Park, PA or Mesa, AZ and offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Applicants must reside in either area or be willing to relocate for the opportunity.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.