Electrical Design Engineer, Senior (Satellites)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
ELECTRICAL DESIGN ENGINEER, SENIOR (SATELLITES)
We are developing cutting edge and highly reliable avionics for our constellation of satellites and are looking for outstanding engineers to join our team. Are you up for the challenge?
- Rapidly design, develop and test highly reliable electronics for satellites
- Drive electrical architecture, product requirements, component selection, analysis, schematic capture, prototyping, bring-up, debugging, documentation, product management, productization, manufacturing and test
- Partner with software, firmware, mechanical, layout, environments, integration, harnessing, test, manufacturing and production teams
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or similar engineering degree
- 5+ years of professional experience designing and delivering electrical hardware
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or similar engineering degree
- 7+ years of professional experience rapidly designing and delivering highly reliable products
- 7+ years of electronic product experience designing hardware from concept through production; strong emphasis on full life cycle development of new hardware products --and not small incremental updates to legacy hardware
- 7+ years of experience designing and implementing mixed-signal circuit boards from concept through production using processors, FPGAs, Ethernet, multi-GHz Serdes, DRAM interfaces (DDR4), I2C, SPI, operational amplifiers, analog to digital and digital to analog converters, and power supply components
- 7+ years of professional experience testing, troubleshooting and debugging electronics
- 7+ years of professional experience with fast-paced projects
- Strong understanding of computers and programming languages (Python, C/C++)
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly cross-functional role
- Ability to work in a fast paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start--up atmosphere
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC