At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
OKC Electronic Product Group is seeking senior electrical circuit design engineers. The candidate will mentor and coach lesser experience engineers providing knowledge transfer to aid in growing our next generation of engineers. The candidate will provide engineering and technical decisions for Boeing Military Aircraft, Military Derivative Aircraft (B-52, B-1B, B-2, AEW&C, AWACS, and others) and diverse projects. Assignments will provide an excellent opportunity to learn aircraft circuit design on the various platforms and provide mentoring, coaching and leadership.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to develop new solutions, help grow and mentor the next generation of engineers, and guide the candidates’ career towards the submittal of a candidacy for a position in the Technical Fellowship.
Assignments may deal with
• Reviewing supplier and partner qualification data
• Circuit Analysis/Layout/Design/Manufacturing
• FPGA design/development/integration
• Perform Trade Studies/Modeling
• Cross-functional coordination and integration
• Develop Design Requirements and Plans
• Provide Engineering Support to Supplier Management Procurement Activities
• Perform Engineering Investigations and Troubleshooting Efforts
• Develop and perform Acceptance Test Procedures
• Test Automation for aircraft modifications
Other job responsibilities may include
• Leads analysis of customer and system requirements and development of architectural approaches and detailed specifications for various electronic products.
• Leads development of high-level and detailed designs consistent with requirements and specifications.
• Leads reviews of testing and analysis activity to assure compliance to requirements.
• Identifies, tracks and statuses technical performance measures to measure progress and ensure compliance with requirements.
• Leads activities in support of Supplier Management with make/buy recommendations and other technical services.
• Coordinates engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product.
• Plans research projects to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
• Works under minimal mentorship.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry required.
- Must possess good organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Must have demonstrated a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing assigned work with a history of meeting commitments.
- Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events.
- Willingness to travel at least 25 of the time as required
- Highly motivated and must work well in a team environment. The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
- Previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
- Previous experience in Electrical Design/Circuit Design
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation for qualified candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.