DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.LeonardoDRS.com.
Involved with the design, development, modification and analysis of various electronics systems. May include Hardware, Power Engineering, Power Electronic Engineering, Electromagnetic Engineering, and Integrated Circuit Engineering, Components or others. Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions in existing products or systems and makes modifications as needed. Compile and evaluate design and test data. Analyze, develop and recommend design approaches. We pride ourselves on our culture of friendliness and teamwork here at DRS. Our Engineers find their work environments unique as they are not locked into a single task. You will be involved in processes from start to finish with opportunities for exploration!
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
- Responsible for technical activity and completion of assigned task on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments.
- Report of progress and status regularly
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and under direction, develop designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Participates in preparation of less-complex proposals
- May provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Position involves the development of advanced electro-optic systems for military vehicles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
- Minimum of 2 years experience
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with Cadence tools
- Knowledge of VHDL and Xilinx or Intel/Altera tools
Leonardo DRS and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EOIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC