The Boeing Company is currently seeking an Electrical Ground System Design Engineer in Huntsville, Alabama.
Work with customers to develop and document electronic and electrical system requirements for the SLS Exploration Upper Stage Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE). Analyze and translate requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications. Test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements. Monitor supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements. Support fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle. Investigate emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required.
- Experience working on SLS program and with SLS avionics hardware and software is desirable.
- Experience in space industry and with equivalent products is desirable.
- Experience across a breadth of disciplines including hardware, software, systems and test is desirable.
- Relevant experience leading similar tasks on complex support equipment and training systems, including analysis, inspection, demonstration, and testing of hardware and software, automatic test equipment, test program sets, electrical/electronic equipment, mechanical equipment, computer tools and other technologies using test plans and procedures to verify requirements.
- Coaches and mentors personnel.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation is available for eligible candidates (as authorized).