At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This position provides an excellent opportunity to develop new solutions, help grow and mentor the next generation of engineers, and guide the candidates’ career towards the submittal of a candidacy for a position in the Technical Fellowship.
Other job responsibilities may include
• Leads work with customers to develop and document electronic and electrical system requirements on complex multi-tiered projects.
• Leads analysis and translation of complex requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
• Leads testing and validation work on complex system designs to assure that operational and functional requirements are met.
• Works with other to develop program test strategies.
• Manages performance of critical suppliers to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
• Conducts program independent reviews and reports results to program leadership.
• Provides critical support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
• Leads research into technology advances for potential application to company business needs. Makes recommendations for technology investments.
• Recognized as a business unit-wide expert in process development and qualification, physical and functional integration and installation design and resolving supplier technical issues.
• Works under consultative mentorship.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry required.
- Must possess good organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Must have demonstrated a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing assigned work with a history of meeting commitments.
- Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events.
- This position requires that you work out of Oklahoma City, OK and offer relocation assistance. If you do not currently reside in or near this location, you must be willing to relocate using relocation assistance.
- Willingness to travel at least 25 of the time as required
- Highly motivated and must work well in a team environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- ABET accreditation degree preferred
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
- Previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
- Previous experience in Electrical Power
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years related work experience, Master+12 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.