Electrical Test Engineer I
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS Naval Power Systems (NPS) a multi-site operation responsible for $350 million of revenue with locations in Milwaukee, WI, Danbury, CT, Fitchburg, MA, and High Ridge, MO with an employee base of approximately 900 employees. NPS is structured into four Lines of Business: Surface, Submarines, Nuclear instrumentation and Controls and Marlo Coil focusing on supporting the power and propulsion needs of the U.S. Navy. We provide engineering, manufacturing and lifetime support of our highly engineered products.
Job Location: Milwaukee, WI
Seeking an Electrical Engineer to design and develop test programs to measure the functionality and integrity of products and services. Writes test procedures and protocols to assess product reliability and evaluates the ability of products to meet performance standards and specifications. Debugs test hardware and software.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for technical activity and completion of assigned task on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support testing of products, systems or subsystems
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments
- Ability to work independently, regular reporting of progress and status
- Review customer specifications and requirements, and under direction develops designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Provide budget, cost and schedule input for design assignments
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Participates in preparation of less complex proposals
- May provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 1 year of experience
- Competent technical expertise and application domain knowledge
- 1+ years of detailed test development experience, including proven analog and digital control circuit testing experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to aid interactions within Electrical Engineering, other internal departments and external customers.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to ensure multiple assignments are completed properly and on time.
- Able to effectively multi-task and handle changing work assignments, schedules, and priorities.
- Extensive PC skills in Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Windows, etc.
- US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee requires normal manual dexterity, speech and hearing. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty-five (35) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We offer a very competitive base salary commensurate with experience including: an annual bonus, eligibility for a long-term incentive plan, and a business culture which rewards good performance. The Company offers a full range of employee benefits, and is prepared to offer a comprehensive relocation package.
Candidates must be a US citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by the US government within a reasonable time after commencement of employment.
DRS Technologies is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #JS #NPS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC