At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
OKC Electromagnetic Effects Group is seeking entry level electromagnetic effects engineers. The candidate will start their career growth by working with experienced engineers to assist in providing engineering and technical decisions for Commercial Airplanes (737, 767, 787 and 777) diverse projects. Main area of focus will be to review supplier and partner qualification data to ensure compliance to Boeing and FAA EME requirements. The next phase of their career growth will be working with experienced engineers to assist in providing engineering and technical decisions for Boeing Military Aircraft, Military Derivative Aircraft, and Rotorcraft (AEW&C, AWACS, C-32/C-40, E-4B, VC-25A, KC-767, E-6, AC-130U, B-1B, B-2, B-52, V-22, and others) and diverse projects. Assignments will provide an excellent opportunity to learn aircraft electromagnetics effect on the various platforms.
Assignments may deal with
• Reviewing supplier and partner qualification data
• Nuclear Hardening analysis and test
• EMI/C analysis and test
• EMSEC/TEMPEST analysis and test
• HIRF/Lightning analysis and test
• RF Co-Site analysis
• Antenna Coupling analysis
• Electrical Power Quality and Load analysis
• Test Automation for aircraft modifications.
Other job responsibilities may include
• Assists in developing and documenting requirements for various communication, sensor, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems and components.
• Performs basic analysis to predict component performance to established requirements. Conducts simple tests to validate performance of designs to requirements.
• Collects data on supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
• Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle.
• Supports project management by gathering project status data.
• Gathers information to support development of sections of proposals to support development of new business.
• Works under close supervision.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Must possess good organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills. Must have demonstrated a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing assigned work with a history of meeting commitments. Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events.
- Willingness to travel at least 25 of the time as required
- Highly motivated and must work well in a team environment. The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
- Previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
- Previous experience in Electrical Effects
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation
Relocation is offered for qualified candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.