OKC Electrical Harness/Cable Group is seeking experience electrical technician/drafter/analysts. The candidate will mentor and coach lesser experience technician/drafter/analysts providing knowledge transfer to aid in growing our next generation of technicians. The candidate will provide technical decisions for Boeing Military Aircraft, Military Derivative Aircraft (AEW&C, AWACS, C-32/C-40, E-4B, VC-25A, KC-767, B-1B, B-2, B-52 and others) and diverse projects. Assignments will provide an excellent opportunity to learn aircraft harness/cable design on the various platforms.
Other job responsibilities may include
• Develops and maintains cable/wire harness detail and assembly designs.
• Analyzes results and performs design reviews.
• Develops and maintains electrical product detail, assembly and installation designs (e.g., equipment racks, power panels, cable routing and geometry, antennas).
• Provides design disposition on discrepancies (e.g., rejection tags, production action requests, shop revision requests).
• Documents processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacture of electrical commodities.
• Develops basic statements of work.
• Participates in technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection.
• Analyzes functional and physical input to assure development of complete integrated design.
• Works independently.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- AA degree in related discipline and typically 10 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess good organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills. Must have demonstrated a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing assigned work with a history of meeting commitments. Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events.
- This position requires that you work out of Oklahoma City, OK.
- Willingness to travel at least 25 of the time as required.
- Highly motivated and must work well in a team environment. The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
- Previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
- Previous experience in Electrical Effects
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Associate) and typically 6 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Bachelor+4 years related work experience, 8 years related work experience, etc.).
Relocation is offered for qualified candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.