At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking Electrical Engineers with experience in Electronic Systems Design and Analysis for current and emerging programs in St. Louis, MO. At Boeing, our EEs develop electronic and electrical system requirements using analytical and technical skills, translate requirements into system architectures and modify hardware and software designs for Boeing aircraft, unmanned vehicles and much more.We have multiple openings in BDS for St. Louis and surrounding regions to support our aircraft, weapons, and engineering capabilities.
These include the following:
- MQ-25 - the new autonomous tanker for the Navy
- T-7A – the next generation trainer for the Air Force
- F/A-18, EA-18G, F-15, F-22 – existing tactical fighter aircraft still in development with ongoing major upgrades
- JDAM, SLAM-ER, Harpoon – fielded weapons systems designed and manufactured at our St. Charles facility
- Engineering Capability Centers – specialized engineering for Platform Cybersecurity, Product Security, Flight Simulation, Radar Development, and Advanced Mission Systems. These Capability Centers support all programs.
Qualified Candidates may have an opportunity to choose a specific assignment. If selected for an interview, a candidate may specify preferred areas of interest.
- Understand and apply job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts
- Develop, document and maintain electronic and electrical system requirements according to customer desires and contract requirements
- Develop statement-of-work and technical performance specifications
- Analyze, translate and implement requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications, showing traceability throughout the product lifecycle
- Test and validate to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements
- Resolve product integration issues and production anomalies
- Support fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle
- Investigate emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements
- Monitor supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements
- Develops and documents moderately complex electronic and electrical system requirements
- Designs hardware, software and interface specifications
- Assists in monitoring supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements
- Solves problems concerning fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle
- Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business need
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors degree in electrical or computer engineering is highly desired
- Applicants must have good communication, analytical, and organizational skills and be able to work in a team environment - previous design team or special project team participation is desired
- Ability to conceive, develop, optimize, maintain and modify electronic/electrical system designs based on requirements is desired
- Ability to provide technical coordination with internal and external suppliers and customers is a plus
- Knowledge of design concepts and techniques (e.g., concurrent engineering, Model-based Engineering, Design for Manufacture/Assembly [DFM/A]) is preferredKnowledge of data system design,and architectures is desired
- Knowledge of system security design principles and industry and government guidance and regulations which engineers apply to produce secure systems is desired
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Highly qualified candidates may be eligible for a signing bonus.
Relocation assistance is provided for qualified candidates.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.