Engineer I- Quality
DRS Technologies •
DRS Technologies, Inc.
DRS Technologies is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS NIS is located on the East coast of Florida in Melbourne. DRS NIS is a leading designer and manufacturer of highly engineered, technically advanced, defense electronics for U.S. and allied international military and intelligence agency applications. DRS NIS manufactures rugged communications interfaces serving military Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Intelligence and Surveillance (C4ISR) initiatives. Products include hand-held devices, targeting scopes, night vision optics, laptop computers and vehicle-mounted systems supporting man-portable and fighting vehicle applications. DRS specialize equipment that allows communication between broad spectrum of battlefield interfaces.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for assisting with quality system development and supporting product quality improvements. Develop, maintain and deploy Quality Plans and activities that translate Customer requirements into planned activities. Ability to work independently under supervision of others
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for assisting with quality system development and supporting product quality improvements
- Develop, maintain and deploy quality plans and activities that translate customer requirements into planned activities
- Ability to work independently under supervision of others
- Performs analyses of program requirements and prepares responsive quality plans, procedures, schedules and resource allocations to assure optimum quality support
- Reviews and approves engineering/test and contractor documentation and provides input to assure that appropriate quality requirements are addressed
- Gathers, organizes, monitors, analyzes and reports on information on products and processes
- Provides ongoing quality system support to include performing internal audits, ensuring implementation of root cause corrective actions
- Participates on product quality improvement teams, Material Review Boards and Failure Review Boards
- Evaluates and dispositions non-conforming material
- Provides technical support for Assembly/Test/Inspection personnel to include executing workmanship improvement plans, developing inspection methods and criteria, specifying appropriate sampling plans, interpreting and revising specifications, and processing non-conforming materials
- Assists in resolving customer quality issues
- Initiate and drive root cause and corrective action on process and product quality issues
- Assist in deploying SPC initiatives
- Participates in supplier selection and improvement processes
- Responsibilities include assisting with on-site audits, evaluating prototypes, and reviewing and approving of supplier corrective actions
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Ability to work independently under supervision of others
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Attend appropriate customer, business or Program meetings
- Prepares quality engineering reports and recommendations
- Provides regular reporting of progress and status
- Completion of assigned task on time and meeting technical requirements
Basic Qualifications (include education and years of experience required)
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related technical field or equivalent experience
- Novice technical expertise and application domain knowledge
- Basic knowledge of ISO Standards, 6 Sigma tools, Statistics
- ASQ certification Familiar with ISO Standards, 6 Sigma tools, Statistics
- Ability to understand military specifications and to read blue prints
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, communication and writing skills
- Ability to define problems and drive to root cause and effective corrective action
- Calibration experience in the defense industry preferred
Physical Requirements (Lifting, Walking, Bending, Stooping kneeling etc)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #C4ISR
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC