ONIT Aviation is currently seeking Contract - ENG II - Req# 134705 (Mechanical) in GAC Savannah
Previous employment with Gulfstream a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering - preferably Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Familiarity with Spares and Replacements approval processes is a plus
- Experience with Autocad, CatiaV5, and Smarteam is a plus
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and environment
- Experience with problem solving and root-cause analysis
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with all engineering groups
-This candidate will be writing and submitting E.O.
(Engineering Orders), changing and developing models, etc.
-Needs to have experience with design engineer, more so than manufacturing.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelors degree in engineering, a related curriculum, or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. See Other Requirements in Job Description. 18 months related engineering experience with Bachelors degree. Experience credit will be considered for related advance degrees limited to 2 years for Masters Degree and 4 years for PhD in fields applicable to this job position.
Performs engineering work related to the investigation and the solution of technical problems associated with research, design, development, service and manufacture of Gulfstream aircraft.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Solves typical engineering problems within assigned discipline
2. Provides technical assistance to engineering staff and contributes to completion of project milestones
3. Responsible for a complex engineering assignment, or a full project of lesser complexity
4. Follows established schedules while developing plans for engineering assignments
5. Obtains appropriate level of supervisor approvals for work accuracy and adequacy
6. Proficiently applies company/organization policies and procedures
1. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets customer requirements
2. Maintains a current and up-to-date knowledge of developments and application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in assigned field of expertise
3. Performs other duties as assigned
1. The level of technical skills and abilities appropriate for this grade will be established by each discipline
2. Applies knowledge to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity, using a combination of judgment with defined practices and procedures
3. Failure to achieve results, or erroneous decisions or recommendations, may cause delays in program schedules and/or allocation of additional resources
4. Ability to convey technical concepts in both written and verbal formats
5. Contacts are primarily within the organization, with occasional customer contacts on routine issues
6. Works under general supervision for routine tasks of minor complexity
7. With supervision/mentorship, can coordinate the activities for lower level engineering staff
Languages Required (in addition to English): No Selection
Requisition Number: 134705
Department: J0403-Post Production Requirements
Number of Openings: 1.0