Engineering Senior Manager, Pax River
Lockheed Martin •
Description:Sikorsky Aircraft, a Lockheed Martin company, is seeking a dynamic, highly experienced Engineering Manager to lead the CH-53K flight test engineering team in Patuxent (Pax) River, MD. The company is currently performing the flight test program of the new CH-53K heavy lift helicopter for the US Marine Corps. The test team consists of flight test engineers, instrumentation engineers and technicians, and aircraft managers. In addition, there are several other groups represented such as manufacturing engineering, avionics and propulsion. This position will be the engineering functional lead for the site.
The CH-53K flight test program in Pax River is planned to continue through 2024. This is a high visibility opportunity for the right leader to create a permanent site for our team to efficiently execute the program. This individual is expected to work closely with the leadership in place at Pax River to execute the flight test program.
This position will report directly to the Senior Manager, Flight Test and dotted line to the CH-53K Chief Engineer.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Daily oversight of engineering team at Pax River, MD.
• Provide technical leadership for all Flight Test engineering activity.
• Manage department staff work assignments to meet dynamic program requirements. Build and maintain a highly engaged and efficient flight test engineering team.
• Provide leadership and resources for flight test program, to assure that technical, cost and schedule objectives are achieved, and risks are successfully identified / mitigated. Liaison with other company departments and customer to overcome execution obstacles.
• Develop and enhance flight test processes, procedures, training and tools in collaboration with entire Sikorsky flight test community. Lead and implement process improvements projects.
• Ensure adherence to company and department policies and procedures, including Safety, Security, International Trade Compliance, Aviation Safety, Ethics policies.
• Act as on-site Sikorsky Engineering POC with the customer. Ensures adherence to customer facility policies.
• Coordinate all employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, salary analysis, and recognition/disciplinary actions. Provide career development and mentorship for junior employees.
• Ensure adequate facilities are available to support the engineering team; work with customer and LM enterprise to meet (buildings, IT, security, etc.).
• Manage engineering department financial expenses budget for the site.
• Conduct periodic staff meetings with supervisors and program communication meetings.
Appropriate degree from an accredited college, in engineering or technical field, or equivalent experience/combined education, with professional experience and specialized training commensurate with assignment. Advanced degree in a technical discipline is preferred
Requires knowledge of engineering organization, aircraft and mechanical design and development, aeronautical principles and systems, and the ability to coordinate and manage diversified technical operations.
• Must have minimum 10 years work experience
• Mush have previous experience managing technical teams
• Must have previous flight operations experience
• Must have good interpersonal skills.
• Must be customer focused and a team player
• Must be self-motivated and goal oriented
• Must be able to think analytically and solve problems,
• Must possess good communication skills to all levels of the organization (both written and oral),
• Must possess general aviation experience
• Must be able to work in small/large teams.
• Must be experienced with engineering and configuration management
• Must know Microsoft Office Suite
• Personal flexibility is required to potentially support unusual working hours, weekends, and travel (10%).
Work is being performed at the customer's facility in Patuxent River, MD. While working at Pax River, Sikorsky employees must follow operating procedures as established by the customer which include:
• Must be a US citizen.
• Must currently have and/or be capable of obtaining a security clearance.
• Must currently have or be capable of successfully completing an NCIC criminal background check to access Pax NAS.
• Must currently have or be capable of obtaining full unescorted access Pax NAS.
• Must have a valid photo ID (driver's license + social security card or birth certificate OR US passport).
• Must have valid driver's license/vehicle insurance to drive on base at Pax NAS.
• Experience in flight test, especially rotary wing aircraft, highly preferred
• Previous experience managing multifunctional departments >50 people
• Previous project management experience.
• Experience with Solumina, Matrix One, SAP
• Familiarity with NAVAIR and the Patuxent River Naval Air Station is desirable.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC