At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes is seeking an Entry-Level Industrial Engineer to support our operations in Everett, WA. This is a union represented position.
The ideal candidate will utilize industrial engineering concepts, manufacturing operations knowledge and business acumen to partner with cross functional teams from production operations, engineering, quality, supplier management, materials management, and program management to achieve organizational business goals and objectives. We are looking for dynamic thinkers, problem solvers, and leaders to drive results as Boeing continues it’s journey to becoming a Global Industrial Champion.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Applies Industrial Engineering concepts, techniques, analysis and decision tools under general supervision to promote and assist in implementing changes in manufacturing, engineering and service operations.
- Assists in developing models, data bases and spreadsheets to analyze data (e.g., statistics, operations research, engineering economics), and provides summary analysis and metrics for consultation to customers (e.g., management, departments, suppliers).
- Applies general industrial engineering techniques and concepts to product and process design teams throughout all phases of product lifecycle, resulting in a robust product design and work statement that meets program requirements.
- Assist in research, design, development, improvement and implementation of processes to enhance schedule performance, lower cost, and improve quality, through the application of Lean and other Industrial Engineering concepts for large scale systems integration and asset utilization.
- Under general supervision, manages, defines, negotiates, and controls the scope, cost, and timing of projects, and performs risk analysis using project management tools (e.g., work break-down structure, precedence network, resource allocation).
- Provides support to project completion.
- Utilizes engineering methods (e.g., mathematical models, simulation, statistics) to support the development of optimal process designs and efficient utilization of resources (e.g., facilities, personnel, materials, equipment) in the creation and validation of products. Under general direction, analyzes and designs value stream, including capability, capacity (e.g., make/buy, supplier selection, risk analysis, supplier performance), throughput, work flow and logistics (e.g., critical path, lead-time, transportation, factory layout).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Minimum Bachelors Degree - Accredited Engineering Degree (Industrial Engneering, Systems Engineering, or Engineering Management.)
- Ability to walk, stand, and enter into aircraft via steps or ladders as needed.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22. C.F.R. 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Typical Education and Experience:
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience)
- Experience in 3 or more of the following: Process Modeling, Manufacturing Operations Support, Project Management, Lean Manufacturing, Statistical/Trend Analysis, Six Sigma, Capacity Planning, Production/Mfg System Design, Work Methods Analysis/Time Standards, Planning/Constraint Based Scheduling, Ergonomics & Human Factors, Facilities Layout Design, Root Cause Analysis, Inventory Control, Value Stream Analysis.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office Applications.
- Preferred accredited Degree in Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Engineering Management.
- Must be able to interact with employees to gather data for process improvements. This may include observing and documenting processes, and collecting data in manufacturing areas or in aircraft during various production phases.
- Candidate may be in proximity to chemicals when observing/gathering data in an area in the factory where chemicals are in use.