At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, youll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security, a part of The Boeing Company, is headquartered in Arlington, VA and employs thousands of engineers with a broad range of talents. We draw upon a diverse and talented workforce driven to tackle some of our customers most complex problems. The Signal Processing team is seeking an entry-level Signal Processing Engineer with the opportunity to design, code, test and field new products. This Level 1 position will physically reside in Fairfax, VA.
The work this group performs centers on the development of the next generation of Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) systems for the Defense, Intelligence Community and allied partners. Systems are deployed to aircraft, ships, submarines and ground mobile vehicles for purposes of collecting and exploiting signals in the radio frequency environment. Our products environments range from firmware to embedded software to digital signal processing to application level software to user experience. This breadth of opportunities allows you to explore and expand your skills while contributing to programs across the organization.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Work in an agile development environment while collaborating both within the team and across team boundaries
- Contribute to the entire life cycle of development while utilizing languages such as C/C++, Python, CUDA, Matlab and more
- Design digital signal processing algorithms and optimize algorithms for hardware acceleration on different hardware platforms
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (Post-Start)
- Candidates with no prior Security Clearance but ability to obtain one will be considered.
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (Preferred Graduation Date: No later than June 2020)
Preferred Qualifications(Desired Skills / Experience):
- Previous engineering internship experience
- 3.3 or higher G.P.A. preferred
- Knowledge / Experience with one or more of the following: Matlab, C, C++, Python
- Coursework and / or additional experience in software development, systems engineering, or integration and test experience with mission systems is a PLUS but not required
Typical Education / Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.