At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing InterContinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) Operational Software Sustainment Program (IOSSP) is seeking engineers to support critical nuclear certified software updates on Hill AFB, UT. Boeing is the software OEM for Aerial Vehicle Equipment (AVE) and the Wing Code Processing System (WCPS) software and hardware end items. This program includes both software sustainment and development efforts under contract to the U.S. Air Force customer. There is currently an opportunity for an Experienced Electrical Design & Analysis Engineer who will support IOSSP activities, including the study, design, implementation, checkout, and qualification of software or hardware updates. Initially, several trips to the Boeing facility in Huntington Beach, CA may be required to accomplish knowledge transfer and to perform coordination with the existing technical team. This is a union represented position
- Adhere to Boeing software processes in performing software development (ISO S9100, CMMI level 5)
- Develop test documentation in accordance with IO 99-103 format
- Conduct testing activities, including dry runs and formal qualification testing
- Perform development of design changes required to resolve the above issues, to include qualification regression testing, as required
- Perform activities required to prepare for and conduct major customer events such as Preliminary Design Review, Critical Design Review, Test Readiness Review, and Functional Configuration Audit / Physical Configuration Audit
- Assist the Codes Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) Team in preparing for and conducting maintenance training of U.S. Air Force technicians in the maintenance of the Wing Code Processing System (WCPS)
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
This position requires an active U.S. Secret Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
Bachelors Degree or higher in an engineering or science related field
- Experience with conducting maintenance training
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Experience interfacing with government customers
- Prior nuclear critical communication equipment development experience
- Prior Minuteman III ICBM weapon system experience
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.