Supports the development and documentation of mechanical and fluid system and thermal environment. Supports the development, maintenance or modification of system designs/proposals to provide design documentation and high-level requirements to downstream users/customers.
Performs detail design development and modification of mechanical and fluid system installations. Performs spatial integration at system or component level and modification of mechanisms/landing gear/ordinance systems. Assists in preparing technical documents for mechanical components and systems. Assists in supporting proposal preparation and new business development efforts. Works under general supervision.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship
- Must currently possess a Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 1 or more years previous experience in Thermal Analysis, Static and Dynamic Analysis, and Heat Transfer
- Experience with Electro-mechanical packaging
Desired Qualifications (Preferred):
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- Previous experience in avionics
Advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.