At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space and Security is seeking an Experienced Electrophysics Engineer (Level 3) to support Low Observable design and integration engineer to join the Phantom Works Special Technology Integration team in Mesa, AZ.
Ideal candidates should have an extensive knowledge of EM theory & Low observable design techniques to develop new and innovative Low observable systems and components. Candidate needs to have knowledge of Low observable materials and processes, Low observable design techniques and approaches, and integration of Low observable designs with other disciplines (such as structures, propulsion, and antennas). Candidate should be able to conduct design trades and optimization and perform electromagnetic analysis and modeling with the ability to apply Low observables theory to develop new materials, processes, and techniques. This position is located in Mesa, AZ.
**This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.**
- Performs Radar Cross Section (RCS) analysis of systems and components.
- Develops and validates requirements for various communication, sensor, electronic warfare and other electromagnetic systems and components.
- Develops and validates electromagnetic requirements for electricalelectronic systems, mechanical systems, interconnects and structures.
- Develops architectures to integrate systems and components into higher level systems and platforms.
- Performs trade studies, modeling, simulation and other forms of analysis to predict component, interconnects and system performance and to optimize design around established requirements.
- Defines and conducts tests to validate performance of designs to requirements.
- Manages appropriate aspects of supplier and partner performance to ensure compliance to requirements.
- Provides support to products throughout their lifecycle by developing root-cause analysis of anomalies and other engineering support as requested.
- Supports project management by providing work statement, budget, schedule and other required inputs and by reporting project status.
- Writes appropriate sections of proposals to support development of new business.
- Works under general direction.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance (pre-start), for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Experience with electro-magnetic theory and wave propagation.
- Experience with RCS design and analysis using analytical tools.
- Experience with design and analysis of Antennas, Radomes, RF Materials, or Low Observables.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with RF test equipment (Network Analyzers, and instrumentation radars) or free space RF measurements.
- Experience with Antenna or Radar Cross Section (RCS) test facilities.
- Experience with error analysis and calculating and summarizing error data for RF measurements.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies