At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space, and Security is seeking an Experienced Satellite Command & Data Handling Engineer (Level 3) to develop and manage Command and Data Handling systems for our satellite programs. Typical assignments will include requirements definition and flow down, systems design and analysis, systems integration, test, and verification. Functioning in this role will provide you with the opportunity to work with senior management and technical experts across multiple disciplines including subsystem engineering, software architecture, Communications Security (COMSEC), software validation, electronic hardware testing, spacecraft level testing, and end to end system engineering. This position is located in El Segundo, CA.
**This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.**
- Gathers, defines and documents system level requirements to support flight control and mission requirements definition.
- Performs and documents analysis and design of Command and Data Handling systems to validate or assess the system design or models.
- Resolves technical issues and ensuring the spacecraft and system are flight worthy prior to delivery.
- Performing trade studies to meet program requirements.
- Performing analyses to evaluate and optimize total system performance to meet customer operation requirements.
- Develops solutions and disposition of issues to assure customer satisfaction.
- Designs trade studies to meet program requirements.
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance with a SSBI (Single Scope Background Investigation), for which the U.S Government requires U.S. Citizenship. A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Electrical Engineering.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Systems Engineering.
- Experience with CCSDS and IP (Internet Protocol).
- Experience working with 1553, SpaceWire, and CAN.
- Experience with COMSEC/CRYPTO/TRANSEC.
- Experience working with MATLAB and VBA tool development.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.