Boeing Defense, Space, and Security is seeking an Experienced Satellite Flight System Engineer (Level 3) to develop flight systems on complex satellite systems: Attitude Control Subsystem (ACS), Autonomy System (AS), Command and Data Handling Subsystem (C&DH) and Mission Systems Engineering and Operations (MSEO). This position will focus on developing requirements definition and flow down, systems design and analysis, systems integration, test and design validation, verification, and writing satellite operating procedure and support satellite operations. This position is located in El Segundo, CA.
**This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.**
- Develops optimal satellite/subsystem designs, performs requirements definition and flowdown, creates operational concepts and products, develops interface requirements, and performs verification and validation.
- Resolves technical issues and ensures the spacecraft and system are flight worthy prior to delivery.
- Creates tools and techniques to optimize, analyze, and validate performance.
- Develops solutions with cross-functional teams to assure mission success and presents those findings to customer and senior management.
- Performs trade studies to meet program requirements.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience with design, development, test, or operation of Aerospace Vehicles or subsystems/units.
- Experience with Aerospace or Electrical Engineering.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Space Systems Engineering.
- Experience developing solutions to complex technical problems.
- Strong communication (both written and verbal).
- Experience working with C/C++.
- Experience working with MATLAB and VBA tool development.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD with related work experience, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.