At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Architecture Modeling & Simulation Software Engineer (Level 3) who will help develop models and simulations to analyze state-of-the-art satellite systems for national security programs, commercial, civil, and other government programs. You will be part of a highly-motivated team focused on analytical and technical solutions for executing our latest satellite systems.
- Architecting software solutions to define and analyze satellite systems and evaluate system performance for various scenarios and vignettes.
- Developing analysis tools to perform end-to-end space system architecture analyses and simulation of operational tasking and resource utilization.
- Translating system-level CONOPS, functional analysis, and requirements into models and simulations.
- Supporting complex space-based architecture trade studies with new models and increased fidelity.
- Supporting system-level integration and validation.
- Initiating and leading simulation development activities for space-based satellite systems, including: system utility, capacity, subsystem modeling, and performance assessments.
- Developing analysis tools and 3D visualizations using MATLAB, STK, and custom object-oriented software.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) that has been successfully completed within the last 5 years. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
- This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) that has been successfully completed within the last 5 years. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
- Experience developing C++ software.
- Experience using MATLAB or other data analysis / scripting languages for data processing.
- Experience with modern software engineering principles and validation techniques.
- Experience in developing scalable High Performance Computing (HPC) based simulations.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.