At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Missile Defense National Team (MDNT) provides systems engineering solutions to the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) for the development and evolution of the Missile Defense System (MDS). The MDS is an integrated, layered architecture that provides multiple opportunities to destroy missiles and their warheads before they can reach their targets. The Integrated Discrimination Team (IDT) is a product team that performs systems analyses of the existing MDS architecture in conjunction with new technologies and concepts to be considered for future MDS architectures.
- Position is for a mid-level engineer on the Missile Defense National Team working on the modeling and analysis of EO/IR sensors and Kill-vehicles/weapons
- Candidate will then incorporate these models/analyses impacts into the Missile Defense System (MDS) performance and help to devise conceptual operational solutions for the MDS.
- The selected individual will operate in a team environment to develop operational concepts, functional requirements and performance requirements against evolving threats and countermeasures.
- Coordinate within MDA and across industry to evaluate and bring leading-edge techniques and sensor (IR, RF) capabilities into the BMDS system for consideration.
This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum technical bachelors degree
- 3+ years of technical experience with analysis of a complex system
- Individual must possess good communication skills.
- Capable of working both independently and in a team environment
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active Top Secret Clearance is highly desired
- Candidates should have demonstrated experience M&S missile defense applications or similar domains (air combat, air defense, intercept of ballistic targets, intercept of non-ballistic targets, space vehicles, sub-orbital mechanics, etc.)
- Knowledge of ballistic and advanced threat systems (e.g., aero-maneuvering, hypersonic, hyper-glide, countermeasures, etc.) is a discriminator in selection
- Modeling and analysis experience in aspects of the BMDS (e.g., Aegis Weapons Systems, Ground-based Midcourse Defense (GMD), Fire Control, C2BMC, BMDS sensors (EO/IR/RF), kill vehicles, interceptors, countermeasures, etc.)
- Systems engineering experience with large complex systems is required
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.