At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) Experimental Systems Group (ESG) within BDS’s Space and Launch division has an opportunity for a Systems Engineer, which includes support to the X-37B and other proprietary programs in Seal Beach, CA.
- Developing, interpreting, and decomposing requirements
- Identification of verification methods and development of plans and artifacts to support requirements selloff
- Participation in trade studies
- Multi-discipline, cross-functional integration projects
- Support to engineering boards, including Failure Review Board (FRB), Engineering Review Board (ERB) and Component Life and Obsolescence Review Board
- Familiarization with Specialty Engineering disciplines such as Survivability, Reliability, System Safety and Mass Properties
- Support to the development of Concept of Operations
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) that has been successfully completed within the last 5 years. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Familiarity with requirements and verification
- Experience in a cross-functional environment
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.