Staff FPGA Design Engineer
DRS Technologies •
LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
As an FPGA Design Engineer, you will support the design, development, and test of Infrared Sensors, and will interface with other team members representing a wide range of disciplines; including circuit card design, integrated circuit design, test engineering, and systems engineering. The successful candidate will participate in requirements analysis, electronics architecture definition, RTL coding, test bench design, verification, synthesis, place and route, timing closure, Design Verification Testing, and the generation of FPGA design documentation..
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Education: BSEE or BSCS
- Experience: 10+ years of experience as an FPGA Design Engineer
- Fluent in VHDL and Verilog
- Strong programming and simulation experience using Xilinx and/or Microsemi FPGAs
- Experienced with design and simulation tools (Xilinx Vivado, Microsemi Libero, Mentor QuestaSim)
- Proven capability of executing complex designs in a timely manner
- Strong system integration and troubleshooting skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to work well in a team environment
- Familiar with PC applications like Windows, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with image processing and algorithm development
- Experience with infrared electro-optical systems
- Experience with low-power design techniques
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink, Visual Basic, and C/C++
- Experience with embedded processors, microcontrollers, or DSPs
- Familiarity with oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and DMMs
Duties and Responsibilities
- FPGA firmware design including RTL development in VHDL and Verilog
- FPGA simulation, hardware integration/test support, and documentation.
- On-going support of products to ensure successful transition to full scale production.
- The employee requires normal manual dexterity, speech and hearing.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to thirty-five (35) pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job require frequent use of a computer monitor.
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC