Position Title: FIELD SERVICE ENGINEER – EAST COAST
Location: Halifax Nova Scotia (Reports to Kanata, Ont)
LEONARDO DRS, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia and is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo that employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on LEONARDO DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the best talent in the defense and aerospace industry.
DRS Technologies Canada Ltd. (DRS Canada), is a leading mid-tier Canadian defence electronics company specializing in military voice and data communications systems; electro-optics (EO) and infrared search and tracking systems (IRST); command, control, communications, computers and intelligence (C4I) systems integration; deployable flight data recorders; and defence/space electronics manufacturing.
This role provides Coastal and at Sea when required, customer focused support for new and legacy products. Provides customer site and subcontractor support for training, installation, integration, set-to-work, harbor and sea acceptance for new products. Provides and in-service engineering and maintenance support for new and legacy products. This role will report to our Kanata, Ontario office but will be located and work in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides an active DRS presence on both coasts by liaising regularly with ship, FMF, and Formation staff on the status/issues and potential avenues to resolve issues associated with installed DRS new and legacy equipment
- Supports the training, installation, integration, set-to-work, harbor and sea acceptance for new and legacy products
- Research, analyze, reverse engineer, and provide workarounds on original designs, especially with “heritage products”;
- Facilitate the analysis and/or search for obsolete/outdated parts; component engineering;
- In conjunction with Engineering, is responsible for producing Procedures and Work Instructions which describes in detail the test and integration processes outlined in the Test Plans;
- Provide support to Manufacturing and Test personnel during troubleshooting of R&O items to determine cause and source of damage;
- Provide Technical Support to customers;
- Provide field service (FSR) support as required, to both New and Legacy products
- Supports new and legacy SHINCOM products;
- Investigates and resolves product-related installation problems;
- Recommends and implements improvements and/or modifications to achieve cost reductions;
- Understands and maintains configuration and management of products;
- Interfaces with business development, engineering, test, and external customers; facilitates resolution of issues;
- Interfaces on technical issues with Design Engineering/Customers on testability issues (allow for ease of test program/fixture generation, fault isolation);
- Prepare test fixture schematics and layout diagrams;
- Write technical reports;
- Construct and install prototype test equipment according to engineering instructions;
- Design test fixtures and generate procedures and equipment to test simple-complex circuits, systems and sub-systems;
- May be required to modify techniques for test procedures;
- Test CCA’s , subsystems and Systems using various types of test equipment;
- Determine corrective action for test related problems;
- Prepare relevant information to enable fixture house to produce test fixtures;
- Initiates Non-Conformance Reports (NCR’s) and Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s) as required;
- Extensive interaction with Engineering, CADM and Test Technicians to ensure procedures are executed accordingly; partakes in multi-functional problem solving exercises related to quality, qualifications and certifications;
- Responsible for adhering to testing procedures, including involvement in preparation, conducting, monitoring and evaluating tests and reporting on product test outcomes; responsible for adhering to time/cost estimates of qualification/certification product testing;
- Provides training and mentoring to customers and more junior technical employees.
- Must be flexible and able to provide expert technical advice on a range of diverse technical assignments;
- Expected to meet and exceed quality standards despite often tight deadlines;
- Functioning in a strict Military specifications (MIL STD) environment;
- Exercises resourcefulness in managing trouble-shooting processes on older products;
- Apply comprehensive knowledge and practical understanding of theory and principles when trouble-shooting problems.
- Make recommendations within established guidelines and procedures;
- Exercise initiative in completing recurring assignments.
- Excellent customer service skills; professionalism; exhibits professionalism in internal and external dealings;
- Facilitates team work, including troubleshooting and problem solving; ability to follow through on corrective actions;
- Stay abreast of technological changes; continuous process improvement;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Excellent communications skills (verbal & written) in a multi-functional environment; ability to interface with test, production, customers, etc.;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and make decisions;
- Strong team player capable of facilitating resolution of issues; and leading a group through the completion of a project.
- Engineering/Technologist diploma in related field from a recognized community college or equivalent;
- Minimum of 8 years experience in all facets of integration, testing and troubleshooting in an Electrical, Electro-mechanical, electro-optical environment
- At least 5 years experience in maintaining & operating Naval Electronic Systems onboard Royal Canadian Navy ships
- Excellent knowledge of the integration and test process
- Advanced technical report writing skills; procedure writing experience necessary;
- Computer software skills including Word processing, Spreadsheet and Database programs in a Microsoft environment;
- Working knowledge of DND CFTO’s, ISO 9000 Quality Standards, MRP, WHMIS, ESD and CMMI.