At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a motivated & talented Propulsion Analysis Engineer.
- Leads definition of requirements for propulsion systems, auxiliary power systems and vehicle fuel and tank systems.
- Leads definition, coordination and control of the functional and physical interfaces between the propulsion system and the vehicle.
- Leads development of specifications and architectural and configuration concepts for associated vehicle systems to meet customer and regulatory requirements. Leads configuration and design of propulsion sub-systems and components to meet all vehicle design and performance criteria.
- Leads the use of various testing, analysis, modeling and simulation tools to estimate or calculate system performance.
- Leads the definition and performance of certification tests for propulsion sub-systems and components.
- Leads support of fielded systems by developing responses to customer queries and providing technical recommendations.
- Leads development of concepts for future propulsion systems to meet anticipated requirements.
- Works under minimal direction.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications(Required Skills/Experience):
- Engineering Bachelors degree or higher
- 5+ years of experience in Propulsion Analysis
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Career and/or education experience working with engineering integration activities (green room, brown room, change control board, etc.) and/or Project Engineering/ Project Management.
- Career and/or education experience working with documents, drawings and specifications including their configuration control.
- Career and/or education experience working with the development of and/or analysis of rocket propulsion components, subsystems or systems constituting liquid rocket propulsion elements (i.e. Hydraulics, Thrust Vector Control, Pneumatics, etc.).
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation assistance is provided for qualified candidates.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.