At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is actively recruiting for an Experienced Guidance Navigation and Control Engineer in the St. Louis area. Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is growing in the area of aircraft, missile, weapons and autonomous system Guidance Navigation and Control (GN&C) system design, development, integration and test. Flight Engineering is looking for motivated, talented engineers to join the Boeing team in this exciting business area. Selected candidates will work a wide range of programs that will provide state of the art GN&C, performance analysis and simulation solutions to our customers, and will have visibility across the Boeing enterprise into modern GN&C and simulation development methods. Come join the Boeing Team!
- Define Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C), mission or trajectory requirements and ensure requirements traceability and quality from the system level to component level.
- Design, analyze and guide others in the development of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) systems, simulations, models & tools.
- Lead and perform trade studies to identify design solutions that meet program requirements.
- Lead design reviews, analyses, simulations and component / system testing to ensure delivery of products that meet or exceed customer requirements and expectations.
- Lead and guide others in the development of GN&C, simulation and related tools and techniques, develop technology roadmaps.
- Lead the identification of solutions for and the disposition of delivered product operational / service anomalies and incidents.
- Lead new business development efforts.
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Train and coach others.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- More than 5 years of educational or work experience in control systems engineering.
- More than 5 years of experience using MATLAB or similar language environment to develop analytical tools or perform numerical modeling of complex systems.
- More than 5 years of experience in programming in C, C, C++, Java, Python or Visual Basic.
- More than 5 years of experience developing and debugging software using high level programming languages (C, C++).
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Highly Preferred: Current active Secret U.S. Security Clearance.
- Engineering experience or related coursework with modeling and simulation of complex systems.
- More than 1 year of experience with Kalman Filter Design.
- More than 3 years of experience with implementing algorithms in real time systems.
- Experience with autocoding of software.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.