Human Factors Design Engineer
Boeing Company •
Aurora Flight Sciences’ Humans and Autonomy Group, based in the Research and Technology Center in Cambridge, MA, supports the design and evaluation of user interfaces for autonomous and unmanned vehicles. We’re looking for bright, talented, and experienced human factor engineers that enjoy working with interdisciplinary teams of engineers who want to develop the next generation of user interfaces for intelligent systems.
Candidates will be expected to support the following:
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams of engineers, including experts in robotics, autonomy, aerodynamics, flight controls, structures, flight testing, and human factors to develop user interfaces for human-robot and human-autonomy interaction.
- Incorporate human factors, human systems, and cognitive engineering elements into current and future research and development programs. Apply expertise in knowledge elicitation, systems engineering, user interface design, human subjects testing, training programs, and procedures in support of developing new interface systems and methodologies.
- Develop designs and software requirements for innovative user interfaces, potentially including novel interface modalities (e.g. augmented reality, speech interaction) for human interaction with robotics and autonomous systems. Support software architecture definition for those systems.
- Support compilation of materials for customer reports and periodically support proposal writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Factors Engineering, or other appropriate engineering field with a Human Factors concentration.
- 3 years of demonstrated experience developing complex human-in-the-loop systems.
- Experience applying design and cognitive engineering principles to relevant aerospace problems.
- Technical background in user interface design, autonomous systems, robotics, human-computer interaction, and/or machine learning.
- Demonstrated success in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent English written and oral communications skills
- Must be a US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder).
- M.S. or PhD in Human Factors Engineering, or other appropriate engineering field with a Human Factors concentration.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience developing complex human-in-the-loop systems.
- Experience in software architecting and software implementation. Experience with Java, iOS, and Android are all desirable.
- Experience with standard systems engineering practices (requirements definition, risk identification and management, fault tree generation, FMECA, etc.)
Occasionally required to travel for reviews, customer meetings, etc.
Occasionally required to work non-business hours to support experiments and travel to customer sites
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC