Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and thinkers, bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
IT Software Quality Process Engineer will :
- Be the Quality champion for IT&DA (IT & Data Analytics) portfolio within Boeing India IT&DA organization.
- Working with teams in India and the Boeing Company, establish and institutionalize a robust Quality Management System (QMS).
- Deploy, evaluate and support common Quality standards, Quality processes, Quality tools and Quality process/performance metrics.
- Ensure Boeing India IT&DA products and services are of promised and agreed quality.
- Working with teams strive to achieve First Time Quality every time.
- Participate in defining plans to support common quality standards and processes.
- Identify qualitative and quantitative improvement measures.
- Participate in the selection of key parameters and standards to monitor quality.
- Participate in the review and evaluation on quality process improvement strategies.
- Advanced knowledge of the quality systems like International Organization for
Standardization (ISO9001, AS 9100D, 27001) and CMMI.
- Must have experience implementing/driving/supporting global organizations through quality certification and audit processes.
- Have good knowledge of quality related metrics and processes for software products.
- Excellent experience on multiple SDLCs – Waterfall, Agile, RAD, etc.
- Must have experience working with cross-functional teams spread across multiple products and locations and external partners, across different cultures and time-zones.
- Skilled in advising and mentoring staff members to meet quality goals or resolve technical or operational challenges.
- Ability to accomplish results through non-management employees who may or may not exercise significant latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Must be results-driven and have a strong bottom-line orientation.
- Teamwork is important in this position; individual must have strong teambuilding skills.
- Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and leverage it to address complex issues.
- Communication – strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to prepare
comprehensive reports, proposals, Statements of Work, and connect technology to business considerations (e.g., ROI). Candidate must be fluent in English, and have expertise in using MS Office tools.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment.
- Must be able to mentor team members and partners to accomplish project and departmental goals and objectives.
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Methodology
- Experience facilitating positive engagements with multiple, geographically diverse teams
- Experience on Pair/Extreme Programing cultures.
- Prior experience of working with MNC Captives in establishing and maturing Quality processes in conjunction with US stake-holders as well as India teams
Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Mathematics, or Engineering is required.
8+ years of experience as a Quality practitioner driving/supporting process improvement journeys.
Experience working in a global organization is preferred