Industrial Engineering Intern
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.LeonardoDRS.com.
Apply basic engineering principles to perform routine time studies, lean practices, process development, fabrication instructions, modification and/or evaluation in support of manufacturing operations. We pride ourselves on our culture of friendliness and teamwork here at DRS. Our Engineers find their work environments unique as they are not locked into a single task. You will be involved in processes from start to finish with opportunities for exploration!
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
- Responsible for assisting with multiple continuous improvement initiatives, including but not limited to 6S Implementation, time studies for capacity planning, layout planning, continuous improvement events (Kaizens, Value Stream Mapping, etc.)
- Apply basic engineering principles to perform routine design, fabrication, modification and/or evaluation in support of manufacturing operations
- May prepare plans, conduct support studies, provide analysis or tests in the development of manufacturing operations
- Responsibilities are limited in scope
- Follow standard practices/procedures in analyzing situations or data
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Involved in implementing lean manufacturing tools on the production floor.
- Perform time studies, calculate tact time vs cycle time, and develop basic manufacturing flow and capacity plans.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Electrical Engineering or other Engineer field and a minimum of 0 years of experience
- Competent technical expertise and application domain knowledge
Leonardo DRS and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EOIS
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)