Aurora is seeking talented and self-motivated interns to assist with the development of advanced unmanned aircraft technologies.
The Manufacturing Engineering Intern will work out of our Columbus, MS facility.
We have opportunities for students majoring in mechanical, aerospace, industrial, electrical, or manufacturing engineering as well as robotics and computer science. We are looking for innovative and creative interns, who are self-starters and learn quickly, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and who are able to work and communicate well in a team environment. Performing research, design and/or analysis for more senior engineers. Assist in fabricating composites structures to learn techniques needed for air vehicle design.
- Knowledge of basic aeronautics, aviation and manufacturing engineering.
- Working towards a Bachelors or Masters degree, in 2nd year or later.
- Enrolled in certified aerospace or mechanical engineering program.
- Previous work experience a plus.
- Must be a U.S. Person.
- Knowledge of fabrication techniques (including composites) with hands-on experience a plus.
- Enthusiastic, motivated, interested in working for a company like Aurora after graduation.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 50lbs. on occasion.
- May work off shifts as required.