As a Communications Systems Engineer Analyst (Level 4), you will design and develop state-of-the-art satellite systems for commercial, civil and/or national security programs. You will be part of a highly motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
Project assignments typically span the complete program life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite development and on-orbit operations.
Candidates will belong to a systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, subsystem engineers, and senior technologists.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
- Lead development of satellite communications system architectures
- Lead definition of communication satellite payload and ground system requirements
- Lead performance analyses for space communication systems, including: link analysis, signal quality, system capacity, availability, etc.
- Develop models and simulations of space communication systems including space, network and user segments in support of architecture trade studies
- Develop software based analysis and simulation tools using MATLAB and object-oriented software platforms
- Perform waveform development and characterization.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active/current U.S. Security Clearance with successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.).
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or higher in an engineering classification is required.
- 3+ years experience using MATLAB.
- Experience performing digital communication systems analysis (ex. signal quality analysis, availability analysis, capacity analysis or communication network sizing).
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- Experience developing software applications using C++, Python, Visual Basic.
- Knowledge of modeling and simulation techniques for digital communication systems.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis as well as data analytics techniques for large data sets.
- Experience with satellite communications.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelors and 9 or more years experience, Masters with 7 or more years experience or PhD with 4 or more years experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.