At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, youll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking an Lead Mechanical System Design & Analysis Engineer 4 to work at Kennedy Space Centre in Florida.
This position supports the Phantom Express (XS-P) Program performing Thermal Analysis, requirements derivation, supplier oversight, qualification and acceptance testing, and flight testing (data analysis and review) of the XS-P vehicle.
Primary Job Expectations and responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will lead the development, integration and documentation of structural design and qualification test requirements to establish the system design.
- The successful candidate will have senior level experience with performing Thermal Analysis and design using Thermal Desktop.
- Coordinates with other engineering groups to establish the products environmental design requirements.
- Guides product design and verifies structural integrity by using and developing analytical methods, finite element models/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the thermal environment, characteristics, and performance.
- Leads development of test plans and configurations, supports test execution and analyzes/reports test results to validate and verify systems and components meet requirements and specifications.
- Defines and documents certification and test results to substantiate for customers and regulatory agencies that requirements are satisfied.
- Supports in-service products by leading investigations into failures and analyzing improvements.
- Develops analytical processes/tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort.
- This position is located on the Space Coast working at the Kennedy Space Center.
*This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance (Post Start) for which the US Government requires US Citizenship*
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience conducting Thermal analysis (launch vehicles preferred) using the Thermal Desktop software toolset.
- Experience setting requirements, coordinating with suppliers involving design development, and testing of components including review of test plans and analysis of test results.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in LEAN methods.
- Experience with thermal analysis to generate thermal environments at the vehicle levels as well as component thermal design requirements, including qualification levels.
- Experience with analyzing test data to verify requirements are being met.
- Experience with MATLAB or equivalent for processing of test data.
- Experience being able to develop analytical processes/tools to improve effectiveness, quality and efficiency of the development effort.
- Experience leading/guiding/mentoring analytical teams through the design, development, test and execution phases of a program.
- Experience with product design and component verification activities.
- Experience using and developing analytical methods, Thermal Desktop/simulations and other analysis tools throughout the product lifecycle to develop the design environment, characteristics and performance.
- Experience utilizing knowledge of Range Safety Design and Test requirements as it pertains to component structural integrity and verification.
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.