As a Lead Concept of Operations Engineer (Level 4), you will design and develop state-of-the-art satellite systems for commercial, civil and/or national security programs. You will be part of a highly motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
Project assignments typically span the complete program life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite development, launch, and on-orbit operations and test. Candidates will belong to a systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, subsystem engineers, and senior
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
- Define and develop system and subsystem level operational concepts.
- Ensure that the end-to-end functional threads, requirements, interfaces, and operability meet the mission objectives.
- Lead system-level CONOPS development, functional analysis, decomposition, and verification.
- Lead projects and drive issues to closure.
- Perform trade studies to meet program requirements.
- Support requirements development, allocation, verification, and operational procedure development and documentation.
- Support system integration and test preparation, execution, troubleshooting, and verification.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active/current U.S. Security Clearance with successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.).
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or higher in an engineering classification or physics is required.
- Experience working on space-based systems engineering (requirements definition, allocation, functional analysis, architecture design, trade studies, integration, and verification).
- Experience with customer requirements development, system requirements, and CONOPS development.
- Experience leading a small team.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Experience Matlab/Simulink and C++.
- Experience with Unified Modelling Language (UML) software.
- Experience with mission operations.
- Experience leading teams with diverse backgrounds and a team player.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelors and 9 or more years experience, Masters with 7 or more years experience or PhD with 4 or more years experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.