The Boeing Company is seeking a Lead Space System Validation & Verification (V&V) Engineer (Level 4) to join a project team assisting with the development of complex, state-of-the-art communications systems for space-based applications for commercial and government customers. You will be a member of a high performance systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers and senior technologists. You will participate in all phases of the system development life cycle, including concept of operations development, requirements development, analysis and decomposition, software and hardware system design, algorithm design, risk management, integration, test and documentation. The successful candidate will work independently and provide technical and project leadership on development and integration of large-scale system testbeds, customer demonstrations, risk reduction test programs, and system verification and validation activities.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, and test planning and execution.
- Define efficient verification and validation objectives and strategies.
- Lead system-level integration and test planning and execution, to include functional validation as well as formal sell-off of requirements.
- Lead operational, troubleshooting, and maintenance activities.
- Lead validation and verification planning meetings and technical reviews.
- Coordinate with suppliers on requirements and verification planning, execution, and sell-off.
- Perform project planning and reporting activities, including cost, schedule, and risk.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active/current U.S. Security Clearance with successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree or higher in an engineering classification is required.
- Experience working on satellite and/or aerospace systems.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- Hands on experience with digital/RF communications hardware and lab equipment.
- Project leadership experience.
- Experience Matlab/Simulink and C++.
- Network communications implementation and troubleshooting experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to interact well in group meeting/working environments.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelors and 9 or more years experience, Masters with 7 or more years experience or PhD with 4 or more years experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.