Lead Supply Chain Systems Engineer
Supply Chain Management
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today, SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
LEAD SUPPLY CHAIN SYSTEMS ENGINEER
The Lead Supply Chain Systems Engineer is responsible for leading a team of engineers that develop and improve the business processes and associated software that enable SpaceX to design, build, launch, and reuse the most advanced rockets in the world. This engineer seeks to eliminate inefficiencies and constantly questions the status quo without sacrificing data or product reliability. You will help architect and automate many supply chain processes across SpaceX. You will also drive business change and innovation by providing business insight based on the vast amount of system data. The Systems Engineer role is instrumental in automating and digitizing SpaceX Supply Chain operations to help restore human spaceflight to US soil in 2019 as well as those for future Mars missions.
Aerospace experience is not required to be successful here - rather we look for smart, motivated, collaborative engineers who love solving problems and want to make an impact on an inspiring mission.
- Lead a team of systems engineers to develop, implement, and continuously improve the robustness and efficiency of business processes and policies needed for inventory control, supply chain, receiving inspection, nonconforming hardware management, manufacturing and assembly, product traceability, rocket reusability and maintenance, and other critical business/production systems.
- Develop business use cases and software requirements for improvements to our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Develop standardized metrics for the production and quality organizations.
- Facilitate and drive root cause analysis and corrective action using tools such as 5 Why, 8D, Apollo Root Cause, A3, Fishbone / Ishikawa diagrams, etc.
- Develop, review, and approve procedures ensuring completeness, accuracy, regulatory and customer compliance, and quality objectives.
- Deliver customer-required documentation and support customer interface as required.
- Own all aspects of software engineering and product development
- Act as responsible engineer for various software platform systems
- Maintain highest standards of excellence, never settle for the status quo
- Deep dive into your customers’ problems, find efficient solutions
- Provide strong technical leadership, focus on continuous improvement
- Collaborate across disciplines including Engineering, Production, Test, Launch Mission Operations, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Supply Chain, Mission Management, Customer Contracts, Quality, Human Resources, and Management to ensure efficiency and consistency across the organization.
- Develop, maintain, and take actions to improve quality metrics such as First Pass Yield, nonconformance trends, and quality escapes.
>Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, manufacturing engineering, aerospace engineering, industrial engineering or electrical engineering
5+ years of software systems engineering
Experience in a team leadership or project leadership capacity
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Expertise in C#, .NET, SQL, HTML, CSS, AngularJS, TypeScript
- Expertise in Python, PostgreSQL, Linux
- Strong computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, and time complexity analysis
- Having an eye for user-friendly UX/UI
- Ability to maintain good technical documentation and follow a standard methodology of solutions development.
- Knowledge of lean and quality tools such as process mapping, six sigma, root cause analysis and corrective action, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), metrology, Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA), and control plans.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis tools such as Design of Experiments (DOE), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Analysis of Variance (ANOVA), regression analysis, and Minitab (or similar)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment, both independently and with a team.
- Project management experience, particularly related to creating or overhauling cross-functional business processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Advanced skills in MS Excel, able to create pivot tables or macros, and analyze data
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR HERE.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC