Logistics Engineer II/ III
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo SpA which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Sustainment Systems Inc.
DRS Sustainment Systems, Inc. (DRS-SSI) is a Leonardo DRS Line of Business (LOB) headquartered in St. Louis, MO. It is a full service supplier of diversified defense systems, products and support for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other international defense customers. From conceptual design through manufacturing to integrated logistics support, DRS-SSI has a more than 50-year tradition of providing quality systems and products while meeting customer’s demands for innovation, efficiency and quality. The business unit also includes a 100-acre heavy equipment manufacturing facility in West Plains, MO. The performance of DRS-SSI’s St. Louis operation has been recognized by the Government and industrial customers with numerous awards including: Preferred Supplier Certification, Medallion of Service Award, Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Certification of Recognition, and Blue Ribbon Awards. We operate on a 9/80 work schedule.
Job Location – St. Louis, MO
Job Title: Analyst II/III Logistics - Logistician
Potential support programs include CUAS, and MSHORAD. Responsible for supporting the development of Logistics Product Support Analysis (PSA) maintenance planning, sustainment strategies and completing support documentation activity on time and budget. Researches, collects, and reports information on the ability and capacity of company products and supplier commercial off the shelf (COTS) equipment. Provides Logistics insight during the design and development of equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the stated and anticipated needs of customers. Will support engineering team during design and development and must analyze, document and support testing of products, systems, subsystems and supporting documentation. Must possess technical expertise in analyzing and maintaining complex electronic, mechanical and hydraulic systems. Must possess the ability to initiate and complete a logistics project independently. Formal and ad hoc mentor and coach for other engineers within the logistics group as well as system and design engineers.
Must be able to develop support documentation e.g. Maintenance Task Analysis, and Repair Level Analysis, SM&R codes, that provides overall mission support for the total product lifecycle. Logistics support considerations must include but are not limited to obsolescence analysis, technology insertion, upgrades, repair, and overhaul of legacy systems, subsystems, and components. Efforts required to anticipate and meet these continual customer needs will cover analysis, data collection, LSA file design and technology insertion, prototyping, maintenance, fabrication, repair, and testing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, develops and implements logistics program activities from conceptual stage through life cycle of product including ILS, MTA, LORA, technical documentation, RAM, provisioning, spares, packaging, facilities, training, etc.
- Collect, document and analyze component and subsystem specifications and material requirements to support provisioning process. Must understand the DOD supply system and impact of provisioning decisions and applications.
- Compile data on standardization and interchangeability of parts to expedite logistic activities.
- Participate in development, review and revision of Technical Publications and Training material.
- Review customer specifications and requirements, analyze and evaluate product design, develop logistics plans and concepts to best support reliability and maintainability contract requirements.
- Prepare, review and revise Logistics contract deliverables to U.S. government or contractor customer specifications.
- Provide detailed Logistics expertise and assistance to other engineers and support personnel during design reviews and throughout the design development process.
- Perform as technical Subject Matter Expert for DRS products during testing of products, systems or subsystems.
- Provide expert on-site support during customer planning, guidance and review meetings.
- Work closely with ILS Manager to develop project cost and schedule and execute to plan.
- Assist the ILSM to specify and evaluate supplier services, products, subsystems and components.
- Resolves logistics problems when they occur and advocates solutions to prevent recurrence.
- Communicate clearly and with impact, both in writing and orally, with Engineering, Program Management, supply chain, and manufacturing.
- Maintain intense customer focus, effective customer dialog and clearly evaluate and express customer requirements to the other DRS functional groups.
- Mentor and coach subordinate Log Engineers, provide logistics impact advice to all members of the product team, and help them assess the impact of logistics related decisions.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and development of the organization
- Bachelors Degree in the technical or engineering field with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a logistics engineering discipline.
- Mastery of Integrated Logistics Elements and intimate knowledge of customer applications such as PowerLog or SLICK for Logistics products.
- Proven experience and expertise in preparing Product Support Analysis (PSA) data in accordance with Mil Std 1388-2a and 2b, and GEIA-STD-0007.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze engineering drawings, schematics, flow diagrams, bills of materials and specification sheets for electrical and mechanical equipment.
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #LSY #BM
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC