Manager, Software Engineering (Simulation Software)
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANAGER, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING (SIMULATION SOFTWARE)
SpaceX is looking for a Manager of Software Engineering to lead a world class team who designs, develops and tests our in-house simulation software supporting all flight systems. We are looking for a talented, creative and driven software leader with a proven track record in solving difficult technical problems. You will help expand the impact of simulation products to improve SpaceX’s ability to design new vehicles and quickly adapt to changes in existing designs.
Our simulation software is critical to future mission successes including Starlink, Falcon Heavy, Crew Dragon and Starship. We have no shortage of interesting challenges that require innovative solutions and strong leadership to accomplish.
- Directly manage 5-6 mission software engineers in the Simulation software team
- Own all aspects, including delivery, of a specific technology roadmap
- Manage and track multiple priorities while maintaining a focus towards common project goals
- Develop high-fidelity C++ simulation software for all vehicles
- Work with simulation software users to develop new features and improve user experiences
- Develop prototypes to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints
- Provide strong technical leadership with a focus on continuous improvement
- Maintain highest standards of excellence, never settle for the status quo
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, math, or similar technical discipline and 4+ years in software engineering, OR 6+ years in software engineering without a degree
- 4+ years of software engineering management experience leading a team of software engineers
- Professional experience programming in C++
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of experience in software development and delivering robust and scalable software applications
- Experience hiring, conducting performance reviews, and regular one-on-one meetings with direct reports
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority or structure
- Great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment that includes working with changing needs and requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing and able to program in C++ more than 50% of the time
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC