Manufacturing Engineer (Sensors)
Manufacturing and Production - Engineering
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER (SENSORS)
- Perform a hands-on engineering and liaison role between the hardware design team and our production organization
- Participate in design reviews acting as an expert in design for testability, design for manufacturability, yield improvements, supplier capabilities assessments, quality control, etc
- Update designs when necessary in response to manufacturing issues, parts obsolescence, and system requirement changes
- Drive optimization of manufacturing and test procedures for flight acceptance. Prepare process capability reports using basic six sigma elements
- Incorporate Electromagnetic Interference/Compatibility standards into test and manufacturing process to streamline production from sub-assembly through integration
- Prepare engineering documentation necessary for the transition of the product from development to production and test
achelor’s degree in an engineering discipline
2 years of experience in the design and/or production of electronics hardware systems. Internship/Co-op experience may be considered
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of experience in the design and/or production of electronics hardware systems
- Familiar with PCBA design and manufacturing IPC standards applied in SMT manufacturing environment
- Experienced with automated pressure systems, setup, maintain and troubleshoot
- Basic programming skills in Python language
- Proficient in modeling with 3D CAD software (for example – NX/Unigraphics, Catia, Solidworks)
- Tooling and fixture design background in a manufacturing environment using GD&T per ASME_Y14.5M-2009
- Demonstrated professional experience providing engineering and manufacturing support for the production of highly complex electronic products; Experience transitioning products from design to manufacturing as part of a cross-functional team
- Experience in test protocols such as SMC-S-016, or MIL-STD-810
- Capable of solving complex problems with little to no supervision on schedule. Root cause electromechanical anomalies. Responsible for managing the daily tasks within the timeline given
- Basic knowledge of materials and processes in high volume micro device manufacturing
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry and human spaceflight
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in fast-paced iterative design environments within the consumer electronics, mobile handset, medical devices, or automotive industries
- Must be willing to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time to outside vendors and other SpaceX locations
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC