Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo SpA which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Sustainment Systems Inc.
DRS Sustainment Systems, Inc. (DRS-SSI) is a Leonardo DRS Line of Business (LOB) headquartered in St. Louis, MO. It is a full service supplier of diversified defense systems, products and support for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other international defense customers. From conceptual design through manufacturing to integrated logistics support, DRS-SSI has a more than 50-year tradition of providing quality systems and products while meeting customer’s demands for innovation, efficiency and quality. The business unit also includes a 100-acre heavy equipment manufacturing facility in West Plains, MO. The performance of DRS-SSI’s St. Louis operation has been recognized by the Government and industrial customers with numerous awards including: Preferred Supplier Certification, Medallion of Service Award, Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Certification of Recognition, and Blue Ribbon Awards.
Job Location – West Plains, MO
DRS Sustainment Systems Inc is seeking (2) Full Time Manufacturing Engineering Co-Ops for May 2020 - December 2020 to support assignments on programs to develop manufacturing data (detail part drawings, subassembly drawings, work instructions, and bill of material structures) necessary to build product. Will also be required to collaborate with production teams to reduce cost and improve product quality. Team collaboration support including; analyzing work processed to identify opportunities to improve efficiency, balance work cell load, reduce defects, implementing tooling, resolve technical issues and improve product flow. This Co-op is for eight (8) months and is based in West Plains, MO. There will be NO housing provided.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with production teams to reduce cost and improve product quality
- Team collaboration support including; analysing work processes to identify opportunities to improve effeciency, balance work cell load, reduce defects, implement tooling, resolve technical issues and improve product flow.
- Further research and development of existing products and technologies
- Gather and assemble data for engineers
- Assist engineers with appropriate design details
- Work closely with and assist engineers in the conduct of various engineering assignments
- Carry out basic work instructions that will help in understanding the fundamentals of the company and also learn new things
- Conduct limited scope testing under the supervision of engineers
- Completing assigned tasks on time
- May be required to help in research in a particular field
- Conduct design analysis and/or calculations under the supervision of engineers
- Must have good interpersonal skills and have the ability to build a good network
- Perform a wide variety of tasks to gain familiarity with the engineering staff, methods, programs and practices
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Working on a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or related technical field.
- Completion of Sophomore year or higher by the end of May 2020 school year
- Must be diligent, hardworking, and quick to learn
- Communicate effectively orally and written
Desired Qualifications, Skills, and Knowledge
- Team Development/Building Organizational Talent
- Building Trust and Respect/Integrity
- Customer Orientation
- Technical Capability/Applied Learning
- Communicates with Impact
- Valuing Diversity/Cultural Effectiveness
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #LSY
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC